I'm CTO at TODAQ where we're building industrial systems that use a new kind of crypto magic that avoids the expense and constraints of global consensus, called TODA. This lets us do things like build digital assets that work in high-latency orbits (or oceans, or certain operational environments), as well as contend for a solution to micropayments. We've released an early open-source implementation. Apparently I inspired some of the work on arXiv:2208.13617 [cs.DC].
Speaking and Writing
Sometimes I write or contribute to papers/conferences, and am a member of the Neural Systems Lab within Biomedical Engineering at the University of Toronto.
- Gravitis AC, Tufa U, Zukotynski K, Streiner DL, Friedman D, Laze J, Chinvarun Y, Devinsky O, Wennberg R, Carlen PL and Bardakjian BL (2023) Ictal ECG-based assessment of sudden unexpected death in epilepsy. Front. Neurol. 14:1147576. doi: 10.3389/fneur.2023.1147576
- Tufa U, Gravitis A, Zukotynski K, Chinvarun Y, Devinsky O, Wennberg R, Carlen PL and Bardakjian BL (2022) A Peri-Ictal EEG-Based Biomarker for Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP) Derived From Brain Network Analysis. Front. Netw. Physiol. 2:866540. doi: 10.3389/fnetp.2022.866540
- Toliver, D., Gravitis, A., Khan, H., Al-Nakib, H.D. (2020) TODA Bank of England CBDC Discussion Paper Response
- Gravitis A. et al (2017) Design and regulatory strategy for a breach-sensing pedicle probe. (Competition winner)
- Foo, S., Barkan, A., Gravitis, A., & Org, M. (2006). Freeway travel time prediction and route recommendation via cell phone. Transportation Research Board (No. 06-2773), National Academy of Sciences.
- Gravitis, A. The Automation of Electronic Payments for Small Business and Integration with Supply Chain Management Systems. (2006). Undergraduate Thesis.
Sometimes I give talks or talk in-between other people who are also talking ("panels"):
- Ictal ECG-based assessment of sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP). BME Seminar Series 2023
- "Delving Deep: AI Explained." Artificial Intelligence & Society: Choices, Risks, Opportunities. Canada-UK Colloquium 2018
- Re-decentralizing the Web (Moderator). ACM Artificial Intelligence Decentralized Conference, Royal York, Toronto. 2018
- Machine Learning & Blockchain: Challenges and Opportunities (Panel Discussion). MaRS Discovery District. Aug 2017.
- Strategy for Young Hardware Engineering Ventures. BuildIt Accelerator, Tartu, Estonia. Nov 2014.